Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is the premier global strategic advisory and commercial diplomacy firm. With a commitment to excellence, integrity, and discretion, we help our clients navigate challenges and capture opportunities in markets around the world. ASG goes beyond opening doors, working alongside our clients to develop and implement tailored strategies. The global ASG network includes over 230 regional and sectoral experts and has a record of success in over 120 countries.
Associate – South Asia Practice
This is the firm’s entry-level position for the South Asia practice. The Associate will support practice leads and other senior staff with scheduling, team operations, client deliverables, and other duties that support the team’s client service and internal functioning. This job exposes the Associate to the details of ASG business and client work, allowing them to begin/continue to develop geopolitical, regional, and sector/industry expertise.
Applicants MUST include a cover letter and a writing sample along with their resume. Please include ALL documents in one PDF attachment (cover letter, resume, writing sample).
Client Service and Expertise:
- Actively participate in the firm’s client management and new client development efforts, with a primary focus on the South Asia practice.
- Conducts research and analyses, and produces reports and memos to support the practice lead and other senior staff with client service, business development and communications.
- Supports the practice lead and other senior staff as needed. Interfaces with clients in a support role, as requested.
- Manages administrative functions and tasks of the practice; arranging executives' schedules, appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements.
- Prepares and edits correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents. Also, records, transcribes and distributes meeting minutes.
- Support communications with clients and members of the ASG Advisory network.
- Periodically evaluates team operations, promoting increased efficiencies, including the adoption of technology (e.g., ASGnet) wherever possible.
- Interfaces well with other team members as well as members of other ASG practices with similar responsibilities.
- Works to continue to develop geopolitical, regional, functional or sector/industry backgrounds into recognized expertise by engaging other members of their practices and participating in client engagements as needed.
- Begins to learn ASG best practices in research and product delivery, including the use of ASG proprietary knowledge and diverse sources of public information, with an ability to analyze – and work with senior staff to make judgments about – competing versions of events or asymmetrical understanding of crucial factors.
- Encouraged to help identify ways to approach business development or enhance client profitability.
- Act as the “keeper” of team’s business development pipeline in Salesforce.
- Add, update, and maintain new or existing accounts and opportunities for your team.
- Add, update, and maintain contacts for your team; create distribution/mailing lists.
- Track events and convening’s your team has hosted or attended through Salesforce campaigns.
- Customer Service: Works to become a trusted partner to colleagues, continuously focused on developing the substantive expertise to meet the team’s needs.
- Oral/Written Communications: Can effectively produce portions of written products with clear direction. Communicates well with other members of the ASG team. Effective communicator with the ASG network and/or local offices, with a strong emphasis placed on the ability to speak and write in a local language.
- Personal Characteristics: Entrepreneurial and focused on value creation. Energetic, forward-thinking, “can-do” and creative individual with the highest ethical standards and an appropriate professional presentation.
- Teamwork: Interacts effectively with colleagues at all levels and across the firm. Manages ASG team members to work together to produce agreed upon deliverables. Works to create a positive work environment.
- Firm Contribution: Contributes to the development, administration and culture of the firm. Takes a leadership role in institution building.
- Strong knowledge of South Asia, via prior living experience, or academic or professional experience analyzing business, political, or economic issues and trade context
- Strong appreciation of US-South Asia relations, particularly with regard to established political contexts, trade, socio-economic exchange and commercial priorities
- Zero to three years of relevant professional experience
- BA in political science, economics, international relations or business, or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong writing skills