Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is the premier global strategic advisory and commercial diplomacy firm. With a commitment to excellence, integrity, and discretion, we help our clients navigate challenges and capture opportunities in markets around the world. ASG goes beyond opening doors, working alongside our clients to develop and implement tailored strategies. The global ASG network includes over 230 regional and sectoral experts and has a record of success in over 120 countries.
ASG’s Communications Director will manage the firm’s media relations, communications, and marking efforts and act as the firm’s point of contact for all media activities. Through the development and execution of ASG’s communications and marking strategy, the Communications Director will manage the strategic development and expansion of ASG’s external presence and communication activities with internal and external audiences and stakeholders. The Communications Director will offer strategic insights and best practices to successfully implement ASG’s internal and external communication and marketing goals and objectives.
Applicants MUST include a cover letter along with their resume. Please include ALL documents in one PDF attachment (cover letter and resume).
- Develop and execute ASG’s communications and marketing strategy
- Primary point of contact with media, building relationships, managing incoming media requests, and leading strategic outreach to reporters and producers
- Brief firm leadership in advance of media interviews and staff interviews as needed
- Identify and develop innovative media opportunities on timely, relevant topics that leverage expertise within the firm
- Manage the development and release press releases and other media materials
- Manage ASG’s online presence
- Manage the development and distribution of ASG’s internal newsletters and other internal materials
- Manage relevant internal communications campaign, as needed
- Work with practices to develop and implement annual communications and marketing plans and support distribution of white papers, thought pieces, and newsletters
- Contribute to development and updating of ASG’s marketing materials, including brochures and decks
- Plan and execute ASG-hosted events
ASG Core Competencies
- Customer Service: Focuses on impeccable client service and value creation. Works to become a trusted partner to colleagues and clients, continuously focused on developing substantive expertise to meet client interests and needs.
- Oral/Written Communications: Can effectively draft all or portions of written client product with clear direction. Can support the Senior Director or client lead to coordinate various work inputs and weave into an end product that will exceed the client’s expectation as to ASG’s impact on the client and value delivered. Communicates well with other members of the ASG team. Effective communicator with the ASG network and/or local offices, with strong emphasis placed on the ability to speak and write in a local language.
- Personal Characteristics: Entrepreneurial and focused on value creation. Energetic, forward-thinking, “can-do” and creative individual with the highest ethical standards and an appropriate professional presentation.
- Teamwork: Interacts effectively with colleagues at all levels and across firm. Manages ASG team members to work together to produce agreed upon deliverables. Works to create a positive work environment.
- Firm Contribution: Contributes to the development, administration and culture of the firm. Takes a leadership role in institution building.
- Minimum of five to seven years of experience in marketing, public relations, news media, or communications or other relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, business, or a related field, or equivalent experience required.
- Strong presentation, communication, and project management skills
- Highly proficient using Microsoft Office applications, particularly PowerPoint, MailChimp and Adobe Creative Cloud
Albright Stonebridge Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its recruitment and hiring process without regard to age, alienage, caregiver status, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, domestic violence victim status, ethnicity, familial status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, partnership status, genetic characteristics, pregnancy, race, religion, reproductive health decision making, sex, sexual orientation, unemployment status, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.