Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is the premier global strategic advisory and commercial diplomacy firm. With a commitment to excellence, integrity, and discretion, we help our clients navigate challenges and capture opportunities in markets around the world. ASG goes beyond opening doors, working alongside our clients to develop and implement tailored strategies. The global ASG network includes over 230 regional and sectoral experts and has a record of success in over 120 countries.
Associate- East Asia and Pacific (EAP)
The EAP Associate will support the practice leads and other senior staff with scheduling, team operations, editing and archiving client deliverables, and other duties that support the team’s client service and internal functioning. This job exposes the employee to the details of ASG business and client work, allowing them to begin to develop geopolitical, regional, and sectoral/industry expertise. Once adept at supporting the smooth operations of the practice, Associates are encouraged to support Analysts and others to develop and/or edit written products (e.g., country reports, stakeholder maps, market analyses), following ASG best practices.
Applicants MUST include a cover letter and a writing sample along with their resume. Please include ALL documents in one PDF attachment (cover letter, resume, writing sample).
Client Service & Expertise
- Is expected to support the practice lead and other senior staff as needed. Interfaces with clients in a support role, as requested.
- Manages administrative functions and tasks of the practice; arranging executives' schedules, appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements.
- Prepares and edits correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents. Also, records, transcribes and distributes meeting minutes.
- Support communications with clients and members of the ASG Advisory network.
- Periodically evaluates team operations, promoting increased efficiencies, including the adoption of technology (e.g., ASGnet) wherever possible.
- Interfaces well with other team members as well as members of other ASG practices with similar responsibilities.
- Works to continue to develop geopolitical, regional, functional or sector/industry backgrounds into recognized expertise by engaging other members of their practices and participating in client engagements as needed.
- Begins to learn ASG best practices in research and product delivery, including the use of ASG proprietary knowledge and diverse sources of public information, working closely with senior staff.
- Not expected to directly produce revenue but is encouraged to help identify ways to approach business development or enhance client profitability.
- Act as the “keeper” of team’s business development pipeline in Salesforce.
- Add, update, and maintain new or existing accounts and opportunities for your team.
- Add, update, and maintain contacts for your team; create distribution/mailing lists.
- Track events and convening’s your team has hosted or attended through Salesforce campaigns.
- Customer Service: Works to become a trusted partner to colleagues, continuously focused on developing substantive expertise to meet the team’s needs.
- Oral/Written Communications: Can effectively produce portions of written products with clear direction. Communicates well with other members of the ASG team. Effective communicator with the ASG network and/or local offices, with strong emphasis placed on the ability to speak and write in a local language.
- Personal Characteristics: Entrepreneurial and focused on value creation. Energetic, forward-thinking, “can-do” and creative individual with the highest ethical standards and an appropriate professional presentation.
- Teamwork: Interacts effectively with colleagues at all levels and across firm. Manages ASG team members to work together to produce agreed upon deliverables. Works to create a positive work environment.
- Firm Contribution: Contributes to the development, administration and culture of the firm. Takes an active role in institution building.
- Zero to three years of relevant professional experience
- BA in political science, international relations or business, or related field, or equivalent experience
- EAP language fluency preferred. Thai or Vietnamese language fluency highly preferred.
- Excellent research, and written and verbal communications skills, including public speaking, meeting facilitation, and presentation
- Proficient in PowerPoint and MS Office tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects while prioritizing deliverables and meeting demanding deadlines.
Albright Stonebridge Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its recruitment and hiring process without regard to age, alienage, caregiver status, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, domestic violence victim status, ethnicity, familial status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, partnership status, genetic characteristics, pregnancy, race, religion, reproductive health decision making, sex, sexual orientation, unemployment status, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.