Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is the premier global strategic advisory and commercial diplomacy firm. With a commitment to excellence, integrity, and discretion, we help our clients navigate challenges and capture opportunities in markets around the world. ASG goes beyond opening doors, working alongside our clients to develop and implement tailored strategies. The global ASG network includes over 230 regional and sectoral experts and has a record of success in over 120 countries.
Vice President-China Practice
The China practice Vice President (VP) will serve as a client lead and make significant contributions to client impact and retention. The VP will serve as a primary strategic advisor to clients and will focus on building relationships, leveraging their expertise in the region to drive business results for the firm and our clients. They ensure both impeccable client service and value creation. In this role, the VP will make significant contributions to client deliverables. This position requires significant project/people management skills. VPs mentor and/or backstop teammates on engagement management and administrative activities as needed.
- Participates in annual practice planning and ongoing monitoring of practice goals for growth and P&L.
- Assists in managing ASG team members to work together to produce agreed upon products. Sets clear expectations for deliverables to team.
- Supports team members' professional development and works to identify additional development opportunities
- Works to cultivate and integrate Senior Advisors and Counselors and engages them effectively in client service and business development.
Client Service and Expertise
- Serves as lead on multiple client engagements
- Helps clients with strategic decision-making.
- Responsible for managing the overall client relationship in order, with significant operational support from Senior Directors, Directors, and others, to deliver maximum client satisfaction.
- Manages the firm’s interactions with current and potential future clients by continuously engaging the client to ensure all specific needs are being met.
- Serves as the overall relationship manager with specific clients, or supervises client leads who manage day-to-day operations, and ensures that all relevant firm resources are coordinated and brought to bear as needed.
- Is sought out for geopolitical, regional or sector/industry knowledge.
- Provides guidance to client teams in order to push the client's thinking, resulting in scopes of work that will exceed the client's expectation as to ASG’s impact on the client and value delivered.
- Expands and deepens engagements and negotiates profitable retainers, project fees or success fees. Controls costs.
- Uses personal network of relationships to generate or significantly contribute to revenue expansion.
- Monitors current client activity for potential business/engagement expansion opportunities.
- Sells ASG’s global advisory capacity to expand potential or current engagements.
- Raises client awareness of ASG capabilities across regions, industries, and sectors to expand client engagements.
- Expands broad ASG networks through interaction with associations, think tanks and policy shops. Writes for journals, does media interviews or serves on panels as appropriate.
- Cross-sells across the firm effectively.
ASG Core Competencies
- Customer Service: Focuses on impeccable client service and value creation. Works to become a trusted partner to colleagues and clients, continuously focused on developing substantive expertise to meet client interests and needs.
- Oral/Written Communications: Delivers and manages completed products to client, colleagues or firm leadership with limited editing. Contributes added value based on ASG proprietary information and individual expertise. Can understand/discover what the client’s real needs are and structure a scope of work that will exceed the client’s expectation as to ASG’s impact on the client and value delivered. Communicates well with other members of the ASG team. Effective communicator with the ASG network and/or local offices, with strong emphasis placed on the ability to speak and write in a local language.
- Personal Characteristics:
Entrepreneurial and focused on value creation. Energetic, forward-thinking, “can-do” and creative individual with the highest ethical standards and an appropriate professional presentation.
- Teamwork: Interacts effectively with colleagues at all levels and across firm. Manages ASG team members to work together to produce agreed upon deliverables. Works to create a positive work environment.
- Firm Contribution: Contributes to the development, administration and culture of the firm. Takes a leadership role in institution building.
- 10-15+ years relevant prior professional experience in international relations, business, government or related field, with recognized regional, functional or sector expertise that supports ASG business development and client service goals
- MA in in political science, international relations or business, or related field or equivalent experience
- Fluency in Chinese (Mandarin) required.
Albright Stonebridge Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its recruitment and hiring process without regard to age, alienage, caregiver status, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, domestic violence victim status, ethnicity, familial status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, partnership status, genetic characteristics, pregnancy, race, religion, reproductive health decision making, sex, sexual orientation, unemployment status, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.