Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is the premier global strategic advisory and commercial diplomacy firm. With a commitment to excellence, integrity, and discretion, we help our clients navigate challenges and capture opportunities in markets around the world. ASG goes beyond opening doors, working alongside our clients to develop and implement tailored strategies. The global ASG network includes over 230 regional and sectoral experts and has a record of success in over 120 countries.
Analyst- East Asia and Pacific
The East Asia and Pacific (EAP) Analyst will support the EAP practice by conducting research needed for business development, internal briefings, trips, and client service. Analysts are encouraged to cultivate and enhance their geopolitical, regional, functional or sectorial/industry expertise in order to begin to provide value creation for clients. Analysts specialize in developing drafts of written products (e.g., country reports, stakeholder maps, market analyses). Analysts also help drive product innovation. They backstop Directors with client communications according to ability and the team’s needs. They support Associates and others working on administrative matters as necessary.
Applicants MUST include a cover letter and a writing sample along with their resume. Please include ALL documents in one PDF attachment (cover letter, resume, writing sample)
- Assists in managing ASG interns and others to work together to produce agreed upon products.
- Models excellence in the productions of ASG deliverables. Helps to train interns and full-time staff during onboarding.
Client Service and Expertise
- Actively participates as part of ASG client teams and increases direct interactions with clients.
- Typically delivers first drafts of country reports, briefing memos, client presentations, stakeholder maps.
- Masters ASG best practices in research and product delivery, including the use of ASG proprietary and diverse sources of public information, with an ability to evaluate competing versions of events or asymmetrical understanding of crucial factors.
- Expected to play an important role, in the team’s knowledge management, including helping to identify and archive resources and examples of superior ASG deliverables.
- Is able to do research and support investigations with local input, in local languages.
- Focused on cultivating and enhancing geopolitical, regional, functional, or sector/industry expertise in EAP
- Assists with the coordination of business opportunities within the regional/functional practices.
- Works as part of the team to utilize Salesforce as part of the practices overall BD efforts. Not expected to lead revenue generation efforts, but encouraged to increase business development focus and help identify business opportunities.
- Work with the BD team in implementing Salesforce usage across the firm, further refining and optimizing the way we use Salesforce
- Seeks to develop personal network of relationships to cultivate potential clients and creatively build new business, and to foster broad ASG networks through interaction with associations, think tanks and policy shops.
- Customer Service: Focuses on impeccable client service and value creation. Works to become a trusted partner to colleagues, continuously focused on developing substantive expertise to meet client interests and needs.
- Oral/Written Communications: Can effectively produce first drafts of proposals, internal memos and/or written client products with clear direction. Communicates well with other members of the ASG team. Effective communicator with the ASG network and/or local offices, with strong emphasis placed on the ability to speak and write in a local language.
- Personal Characteristics: Entrepreneurial and focused on value creation. Energetic, forward-thinking, “can-do” and creative individual with the highest ethical standards and an appropriate professional presentation.
- Teamwork: Interacts effectively with colleagues at all levels and across firm. Manages ASG team members to work together to produce agreed upon deliverables. Works to create a positive work environment.
- Firm Contribution: Contributes to the development, administration and culture of the firm. Takes an active role in institution building.
- Minimum of three (3) to seven (7) years of relevant prior work experience
- BA in political science, international relations, public policy or business administration, or a related field, or equivalent experience, with MA in related field a plus
- Strong knowledge of the EAP region, via prior living experience, or academic or professional experience analyzing business, political, or economic issues and trade context
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint and other MS Office tools
- Speaking, reading and writing fluency in Japanese or another regional (EAP) language is strongly preferred
Albright Stonebridge Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its recruitment and hiring process without regard to age, alienage, caregiver status, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, domestic violence victim status, ethnicity, familial status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, partnership status, genetic characteristics, pregnancy, race, religion, reproductive health decision making, sex, sexual orientation, unemployment status, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.