This is the firm’s entry-level position for the Americas practice. The Associate will support practice leads and other senior staff with scheduling, team operations, editing and archiving client deliverables, and other duties that support the team’s client service and internal functioning. The Associate will work on several client assignments across Latin America. We are seeking an exceptional writer, who will specialize in developing drafts of written products (e.g., country reports, stakeholder maps, market analyses). This job exposes the Associate to the details of ASG business and client work, allowing them to begin/continue to develop geopolitical, regional, and sector/industry expertise.
Client Service and Expertise:
- Supports the practice lead and other senior staff as needed. Interfaces with clients in a support role, as requested.
- Manages administrative functions and tasks of the practice; arranging executives' schedules, appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements.
- Prepares and edits correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents. Also, records, transcribes and distributes meeting minutes.
- Typically delivers first drafts of country reports, briefing memos, client presentations, stakeholder maps.
- Is able to do research and support investigations with local input, in Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- Support communications with clients and members of the ASG Advisory network.
- Periodically evaluates team operations, promoting increased efficiencies, including the adoption of technology (e.g., ASGNet) wherever possible.
- Interfaces well with other team members as well as members of other ASG practices with similar responsibilities.
- Works to continue to develop geopolitical, regional, functional or sector/industry backgrounds into recognized expertise by engaging other members of their practices and participating in client engagements as needed.
- Begins to learn ASG best practices in research and product delivery, including the use of ASG proprietary knowledge and diverse sources of public information, with an ability to analyze – and work with senior staff to make judgments about – competing versions of events or asymmetrical understanding of crucial factors.
- Encouraged to help identify ways to approach business development or enhance client profitability.
- Act as the “keeper” of team’s business development pipeline in Salesforce.
- Add, update, and maintain new or existing accounts and opportunities for your team.
- Add, update, and maintain contacts for your team; create distribution/mailing lists.
- Track events and convening’s your team has hosted or attended through Salesforce campaigns.
- Customer Service: Works to become a trusted partner to colleagues, continuously focused on developing the substantive expertise to meet the team’s needs.
- Oral/Written Communications: Can effectively produce portions of written products with clear direction. Communicates well with other members of the ASG team. Effective communicator with the ASG network and/or local offices, with a strong emphasis placed on the ability to speak and write in a local language.
- Personal Characteristics: Entrepreneurial and focused on value creation. Energetic, forward-thinking, “can-do” and creative individual with the highest ethical standards and an appropriate professional presentation.
- Teamwork: Interacts effectively with colleagues at all levels and across the firm. Manages ASG team members to work together to produce agreed upon deliverables. Works to create a positive work environment.
- Firm Contribution: Contributes to the development, administration and culture of the firm. Takes a leadership role in institution building.
- Zero to three years of relevant professional experience
- BA in political science, international relations or business, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Speaking, reading and writing fluency in English and one of Portuguese or Spanish is required. Proficiency in both Spanish and Portuguese is a plus.
Applicants MUST include a cover letter and a writing sample along with their resume. Please include ALL documents in one PDF attachment (cover letter, resume, writing sample).
ASG is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to sexual orientation, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.